Keynote Speaker Announced:
Jerry Brown, Attorney General, State of California
Corporate Counsel magazine is pleased to announce the 7th Annual General Counsel West Coast Conference, to be held Nov. 11-12, 2009, in San Francisco.
The General Counsel Conference is designed to provide general counsel with access to their best and brightest peers and an understanding of what is working in the world's best legal departments. Attendees will gain insight into the innovative practices and processes in place to manage some of the most difficult corporate and legal issues of today.
Topics under research include:
• The Electronic Discovery Reference Model: What the General Counsel Needs to Know
• Intellectual Property and International Competition
• Class Action Litigation: More Plaintiffs, New Legislation, Best Practices
• Trends in Transactions, M&A and Restructurings
• Managing by the Numbers: LawDepartment Budgeting and Metrics
• New Paradigms for Leveraging Outside Counsel
• Bankruptcy, Refinancing, Restructuring and Getting Deals Done
• Internal Investigations (Ethics)
• Silicon Valley and the New Antitrust Doctrine
• SEC and Regulatory Compliance Trends
• Employment Litigation: 6 Million New Claimants
• Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (Ethics)
• Doing Business Globally
Join your colleagues for two days of education and networking. Meet top General Counsel from leading companies. All sessions are hands-on, with lots of opportunity for active participation by attendees. You can make sure that your own issues are addressed by cross-examining the faculty, raising your own concerns, and exchanging ideas and solutions with others in attendance.
CLE Credits Available!